Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yesterday Matt and the kids and I went over to aunt Joyces' so that Rachel could play with Mckayla. When we got there Bethany was making rolls using Laura's recipe. Oh my gosh, the whole house smelled so good! Anyway Matt got the bug. He made the dough and was leting it raise, when he went down to check on their progress he was disgruntled that they weren't raising the way he thought they should. I went down stairs to have a look and realized he was using a regular bath towel to cover them with. I told him they would never raise with such a heavy towel over them. Oops, I guess that's my fault. I had been slacking in the laundry area and all the dish towels were dirty. I told him to bake them anyway. They weren't as light as the ones Laura makes, but they still tasted fantastic!!! Great job honey!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad my recipe is getting used in Utah! I actually did use some towels when I had to make them for Thanksgiving and they were fine. I think in cooler weather, you just have to give it more time to rise. I found that out when I made them for Christmas. The first few batches were definately not as good as the last batches were after the kitchen was warmed up from the oven. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cracks me up so bad that he was trying to use a towel!!! Tell him not to give up. The more ya make them, the easier/better it gets. It really is a great recipe. Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have to post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete