Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Poor Rachel woke up with this rash this morning. It was a pre-school morning and she was mad that she couldn't go. "Mommy if I don't go to pre-school I can't go to recess." That is her favorite this do do at school. Needless to say she cried for a while. I took her to the doctor and he said she has a virus. It may take as long as a week to run its course. In the meantime she is miserable and itchy. Look at that sad little face!






The snow melted and made a hole. That night frost formed on the snow and in the hole. You can see the frost ferns and crystals. I thought it was pretty so I took a picture of it.

Frost on the tree across the street. The specs in the picture is the moisture in the air that had crystalized. In person it looked like gold glitter floating in the air. Every time I would breath out through my mouth it looked like a thick patch of glitter. Its was really pretty!

It's not a great picture but all the white on the tree is frost.

4 comments:

  1. Hey - are you sure those aren't chicken pox? Brennan was vaccinated, but still got them full blown. Does she have a fever? Did they blister at all? Try giving her an oatmeal bath. It's this stuff you can buy at the pharmacy. It really helps with the itch.

    The snow looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like roseola virus to me. Connor had it when he was like 1-ish. Took a few days to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Rachel. Liz's twins had a rash a lot like that, and she was out with them for a week. It didn't seem to slow them down, though. I hope Rachel feels better fast!
    I love the snow crystals. As pretty as it is, though, I have to say I like the 75-80 degree weather here better :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's another opinion for ya...When I clicked on the picture to make it bigger, it almost looks like hives. It wouldn't hurt to try some benadryl or claritin. Sometimes when children get sick, the body reacts with hives. If they move at all, that's what it could be. I'm no expert though...
    I'm so sorry she's miserable! Give her a big hug from Aunt Laura!

    ReplyDelete