Thursday, March 26, 2009

A few hours after mom's breast cancer surgery.


Mom is obviously feeling good enough to pull a face at me after she got home from her surgery! I think she was just a little excited at the good news that she got. The cancer lump in her breast was large. The surgeon felt a few swollen lymph nodes he thought that the cancer had spread. When her surgery was done we were told it had NOT spread to her lymphatic system! The biopsies on her swollen lymph nodes came back negative! She will most likely have to have radiation and chemo therapy treatments as a precautionary measure. YOU GOT YOUR MIRACLE MOM!!!

Uncle Michael put his spiffy hat on me while we were at the hospital waiting for Nanny to come out of surgery. we got there at 7am and left the hospital at 3:30pm. By the way I was the best baby the whole 8 1/2 hours we were there. Then we went home to Nannies house to take care of her. I didn't get home with mommy until 10:30 at night. Mommy said she was so proud of me!
I don't quite know what to think about this!


I could get used to this hat!



4 comments:

  1. Such great news Becky! I'm sure you were so nervous about it. How awesome is it that you are living there so you could be there to help her through this?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that news. Wonderful! WE'll be sure to keep ya'll in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going smoothly thus far for you all. I hope it continues that way :)

    ReplyDelete